--- Em seg, 14/5/12, DJ Lucas escreveu:

> De: DJ Lucas
> Assunto: [blfs-dev] OpenJDK downloads
> Para: "BLFS Development List"
> Data: Segunda-feira, 14 de Maio de 2012, 2:16
> I'm getting prepared to commit
> OpenJDK (IcedTea-2.1) to the book,
> however, I wanted to ask for opinions on how to do the
> downloads. The
> IcedTea tarball only contains the build environment. The
> makefile will
> download the needed files as part of the build process
> (alternately you
> can use the "download" make target). Unfortunately, the
> files are named
> with git sums and renamed to something useful in the source
> tree. In all
> other BLFS instructions, packages can be downloaded prior to
> building.
> So options are, download 7 files with names such as
> 7ceda3124828.tar.gz,
> host on anduin with the files already renamed, or just let
> the makefile
> handle it with a note saying that if you want to build
> offline, you'll
> need to download these files before hand?
>
> -- DJ Lucas

Great, DJ!!!

I had started trying to understanding and writing scripts for this, last week,
but hardware problems made it impossible. It seems that today will be able to
get back to almost "normal" computer status.

Agree with Bruce, if I may give an opinion, although lasts a doubt if they need
to be uploaded to Anduin (please, see below).

Again if I may give an opinion, leaving as much as possible to be easily
upgradable in the page is better, as a user (e.g., myself) could easily upgrade
her/his system, if for any reason the upgrade in the book is delayed.

About the "decimal" names you are referring to, had already reached that point,
their downloads were successfull in my script, what is not much... then stopped
due to the referred hardware problems.

It is a very very difficult build for someone in my level, and I am not sure if
I would succeed.

Last, but not least, in LibreOffice, we have similar "decimal" named files,
which I believe are not in Anduin.

[]s,
Fernando