Tobias Gasser wrote:

> i have --with-systemdsystemunitdir=no as mentionned in the book, but
> still a lot of systemd stuff is installed
>
> how can i disable building this unwanted stuff?
> as far i can understand udev from lfs is very limited. i have
> introspection and i want gudev installed.
>
> until now i used version 173 for both lfs and blfs but meanwhile the
> build fails (kernel, glib, other stuff?) and i have to upgrade.

I don't understand what you are doing.  BLFS does not support the tests
in our udev-only portion of systemd because of the many interactions
with non-udev code.

Are you using something different from the instructions in the book that
use udev-lfs-196-4.tar.bz2?

There are two pages in BLFS about udev.  If you are going to update the
udev version, you need to go to the svn version of LFS and install -196
using those instructions.  Then for the optional portions, use the page
entitled 'Udev Extras (from systemd)'