Am 02.01.2013 21:21, schrieb Bruce Dubbs:
> Tobias Gasser wrote:
>>
>> i have --with-systemdsystemunitdir=no as mentionned in the book, but
>> still a lot of systemd stuff is installed
>>
>> how can i disable building this unwanted stuff?
>> as far i can understand udev from lfs is very limited. i have
>> introspection and i want gudev installed.
>>
>> until now i used version 173 for both lfs and blfs but meanwhile the
>> build fails (kernel, glib, other stuff?) and i have to upgrade.
>
> I don't understand what you are doing.  BLFS does not support the tests
> in our udev-only portion of systemd because of the many interactions
> with non-udev code.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/udev.html

"To test the results, issue: make check. "

as udev is an important part for a running system, i considered the test
almost as critical as with gcc or glibc.

> Are you using something different from the instructions in the book that
> use udev-lfs-196-4.tar.bz2?

i build as in the book, with "--enable-introspection" as mentionned if
gobject-introspection is installed. not the lfs version, but the
official. i can't see any reference to the stipped lfs-version on the
blfs page.

> There are two pages in BLFS about udev.  If you are going to update the
> udev version, you need to go to the svn version of LFS and install -196
> using those instructions.  Then for the optional portions, use the page
> entitled 'Udev Extras (from systemd)'

hmm.

i have read the page
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/udev-extras.html

but considered the page obsolete as "udev-lfs-186.tar.bz2" implies an
outdated version.

i guess i'm wrong...

reading both pages again, i guess i should use the stipped 196-4 which i
used to build lfs and now build just the 3 components.

is this the way i should go?

thanks
tobias