On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 09:05:32PM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Em 25-10-2013 20:13, Ken Moffat escreveu:
> >  I'm getting towards the end of my first make-4.0 set of builds.  I
> > had wireshark down for a DESTDIR build/install on this system, but
> > it fails with :
> >
> > In file included from packet-dtls.c:63:0:
> > packet-ssl-utils.h:255:5: error: unknown type name
> > ‘gcry_cipher_hd_t’
> >      SSL_CIPHER_CTX evp;
> >      ^
[...]
> >  Google thinks that the gcry_ namespace is from libgcrypt, but I
> > don't see that as a dep of the required/recommended deps, nor as an
> > obvious dep for any of the optional packages.
> >
> >  For the moment, I've deferred it to 'build 2' where I'll be
> > building what is left in the book for current gnome, and where
> > libgcrypt is already part of the plan.  But if I _can_ build it now,
> > without libgcrypt, I'm open to suggestions.
> >

> I have in the logs:
>
> $ xzgrep -i libgcrypt wireshark-1.10.2-2013.10.18-10h30m02s.log.xz
> checking for libgcrypt-config... /usr/bin/libgcrypt-config
> checking for LIBGCRYPT - version >= 1.1.92... yes
> libgcrypt found, enabling ipsec decryption
>
> Have noot investigated if we can disable in configure, but seems to be
> related to ipsec.
>
> And I have:
>
>   --with-gcrypt=[yes/no]  use gcrypt library [default=yes]
>   --with-libgcrypt-prefix=PFX
>                           prefix where LIBGCRYPT is installed (optional)
>
> Thus, I am inclined to think it should at least be in "Optional".
>
> However, that SSL_CIPHER_CTX and libdissectors_la-packet-dtls.lo seems
> to be related to OpenSSL-1.0.1e and GnuTLS-3.2.4?
>
> Hope any of these comments is of any help.

 Yes, very - the problem is indeed in the ssl area.  As I've put on
the ticket you created, it *does* correctly detect if libgcrypt is
installed.

 I mounted a 7.4 system and chrooted to that - didn't have
libgcrypt, gnutls, or indeed libpcap.  It configured there after I
added --with-pcap=no.  Compared the logs: gnutls is found and used,
and openssl is by default never used.

 I've just completed a build [ make-4.0 ] by adding --with-ssl=/usr
to point to openssl, and --with-gnutls=no.  From here, it looks as
if it doesn't build out-of-the box with currentl gnutls and the
current toolchain.  I don't _think_ anything in my toolchain has
changed since 7.4, so I'm guessing that perhaps
wireshark-with-gnutls didn't build then.  But since both gnutls and
openssl are marked as *optional* I'll let it go.

ĸen