On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 12:03:32AM +0000, Matt Burgess wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-01-09 at 23:10 +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> > >
> >  Thanks for the pointer.  I'd forgotten about installing tree in clfs
> > to get udev tests to work in the distant past, partly because Matt
> > insisted that it wasn't needed for LFS.
>
> Me? Insist? Really? Doesn't sound like me...I'm far too
> weakly-opinionated!  I do remember udev using tree(1) for its tests, but
> can't remember my rationale for excluding it.  A quick google hints at
> this being around the 2005 timeframe [0], but I can't find any
> incriminating evidence pointing the finger directly at me for not
> putting tree in the book.

 2005 seems about right.  I don't recall the details, but I was
editing both LFS and clfs at that time.  Something in LFS was
different from clfs (probably, clfs was technically broken for the
udev tests).
> I've only just realised now though that not only do we not run the tests
> in LFS (which is why this has probably been unnoticed until now, at
> least by me), but we don't even mention why this package isn't tested.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt.

 I was referring specifically to eudev - my last build used what is
now an old version of that, and it claimed to run tests, but didn't
really.

 Last time I looked, there was no "make check" option in
udev-from-systemd, I assume that the upstream tests needed far more
infrastructure than was available in a non-systemd LFS.

ĸen