On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 08:02:58PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> >   Thanks for the pointer (I have not built systemd at the moment,
> > still trying to sort out enough details for me to have a chance of
> > getting the whole thing working).  But your use of sysctl looks
> > unnecessarily long-winded : why not just something like this ? :
> >
> >   sed -i 's/#LogLevel=info/LogLevel=warning/' \
> >    /etc/systemd/system.conf
>
> I'm a bit confused.  Are you referring to what's in the -dev book right
> now?  Or the part about sysctl that I abandoned as possible but too complex?

 The latter - when you first mentioned it, it was the main thing
that I noticed for setting the log level.  The change to permit
systemd was large, and mostly went in as a single commit (compare
good uses of git, where there are a series of patches, hopefully
each small enough to review).  You have spent a few weeks on
sysv-with-systemd, and got it to your liking.  The rest of us have a
steep learing curve, and many areas where we need to find out how to
change things.

 For me, log level is a fairly minor thing, but with a _lot_ of
scope to make the system awkward to use _when_ other things are not
correct.

 I think examples are always useful, and had read your posting about
sysctl as an example.

ĸen