Pierre Labastie wrote:
> Le 21/04/2014 20:49, Bruce Dubbs a écrit :
>> Pierre Labastie wrote:
>>> Le 20/04/2014 23:26, Ken Moffat a écrit :

>> For convenience I also have scripts to mount and unmount virtual file
>> systems and to clean up $LFS prior to the start of a new build.  I also
>> have an alias to enter chroot.

> All that is also in jhalfs:
> - make -C /mnt/lfs/jhalfs devices # for mounting virtual files
> - make -C /mnt/lfs/jhalfs teardown # for unmounting them
> - Cleaning is done if you tick "General Settings->Rebuild files"
> - make -C /mnt/lfs/jhalfs chroot # mount the virtual files and enter chroot.
> Unmounting is done automatically at exit.

There are times when something fails in Chapter 6.  There it is nice to
be able to enter chroot via a simple alias: lfs='...'

My mounting and unmounting does a little more.  For instance, I also
bind mount /usr/src so I can build non-lfs packages in chroot.

My cleaning does more than that.  It removes $LFS/{bin,sbin,usr,...}
after unmounting virtual filesystems, and /usr/src.

There are lots of techniques and I'm sure a lot of users develop their
own way of doing things.  Providing ideas is a good thing though.