akhiezer wrote:

> Btw, what was it decided you to 'get more involved' on the sysd side -
> e.g. demand for teaching courses on the stuff?

No, it was a combination of things.  There were comments in the lists as
well as irc that people wanted systemd.  My judgement is that there are
about an equal number of people on both sides of the issue.

Additionally, most of the mainstream distros have gone to systemd.   If
we want to maintain one of our fundamental goals of being an
instructional resource, we really need to address this.

I personally don't like the amount of systemd components mutual
interconnections.  IMO, that's not really necessary from a design
standpoint.  However, I don't have any input into that.