On 8/24/2019 8:14 PM, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 12:42:12AM +0000, DJ Lucas via blfs-dev wrote:
At this point, I'm clearly out of my depth, and I will not be
updating further systems (nor reviewing if the kernel config for
elogind is adequate, nor if the mountcgroupfs and elogind
bootscripts are really needed) unless I can understand where my
build/usage of elogind is failing.

ĸen
The seat actions are at
/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.login1.policy

--DJ

Thanks, but not on this system :-(

ken@plexi ~ $ls /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/
com.mesonbuild.install.policy
org.freedesktop.policykit.policy
org.freedesktop.color.policy
org.gtk.vfs.file-operations.policy
org.freedesktop.policykit.examples.pkexec.policy
org.x.xf86-video-intel.backlight-helper.policy

ĸen
But I do think we might be getting someplace. Did you log your elogind build? If so, what was the meson summary output? Here is what I had:

Message: elogind 241.3
         split /usr:                        true
         split bin-sbin:                    true
         prefix directory:                  /usr
         rootprefix directory:              /
         sysconf directory:                 /etc
         include directory:                 /usr/include
         lib directory:                     /usr/lib
         rootlib directory:                 /lib
         rootexeclib dir:                   /lib/elogind
         PAM modules directory:             /lib/security
         PAM configuration directory:       /etc/pam.d
         modprobe.d directory:              /lib/modprobe.d
         D-Bus policy directory:            /etc/dbus-1/system.d
         D-Bus session directory:           /usr/share/dbus-1/services
         D-Bus system directory:            /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services
         bash completions directory:
/usr/share/bash-completion/completions
         zsh completions directory:         /usr/share/zsh/site-functions
         TTY GID:                           5
         maximum system UID:                999
         maximum system GID:                999
         /dev/kvm access mode:              0666
         render group access mode:          0666
         nobody user name:                  nobody
         nobody group name:                 nobody
         default KillUserProcesses setting: true
enabled features: PAM, SMACK, ACL, polkit, dbus, man pages, utmp disabled features: AUDIT, SELinux, legacy pkla, glib, html pages, man page indices, debug elogind, debug hashmap, debug mmap cache, debug siphash, valgrind, trace logging