On Sun, Aug 25, 2019 at 02:46:19AM +0100, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 08:05:41PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
> >
> > As best I can tell, our configurations are the same.  I do have both the
> > elogind and mountcgroupfs bootscripts running at startup.  The only thing
> > left that I can tell is that we may have used different build procedures.
> > Have you modified anything from the book's instructions? AFAIK I used the
> > exact instructions in the book.  No flags or other changes.
> >

> Thanks.  For the moment, both the mountcgroupfs and elogind
> bootscripts have been started.
>
> I've been trying to add myself to the wheel group, but not
> necessarily successfully:
>
> ken@plexi ~$ groups
> users lp audio video cdrom lpadmin netdev
> ken@plexi ~$ grep 'wheel' /etc/group*
> /etc/group:wheel:x:97:7:ken
> /etc/group-:wheel:x:97:ken
> ken@plexi ~$
>
> Those are after rebooting following 'usermod'.

Postscript: I can see I've typo'd that when trying to edit
/etc/group after apparently not being in it from usermod.  The '7'
gets added between the start of LFS chapter 6 and the end of the
packages I build before rebooting - just found it on another machine
where I was going to see if I could get different results.

Oh, and in 9.0 the mouse on that machine is not working
(linux-5.2.8) although it seems to work on other systems there
<sigh/>.

--
Adopted by dwarfs, brought up by dwarfs.  To dwarfs I'm a dwarf, sir.
I can do the rite of k'zakra, I know the secrets of h'ragna, I can