On 3/27/20 9:24 AM, Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev wrote:
Just built cmake 1.17, llvm 10.0? and trying rustc-1.39. Got an error:
See attached log (with ~3300 lines cut). Sorry it is a little long, but
it really looks like some LLVM header file is missing or API has
changed.

Has anybody seen this too?

Pierre

Yes I have!

It seems that using system LLVM is broken with rustc-1.39. I had to do the following to get rustc to build using it's builtin version of LLVM for now (I believe it's LLVM9? LLVM-10 has changed a lot of the public API for applications that use bindings such as rustc).

- Comment out the [target.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu] line

- Comment out the llvm-config= line

If you are on i686 (untested), comment out the i686 portions of that statement.

That will unfortunately force rustc to build using it's builtin LLVM though, which is less than desirable

- Doug