I'd like to make a suggestion, as regards the names of the
BLFS XML files for the SGML/XML/DocBook sections.

I've just come to add some of the DocBook packages to my
LFS/BLFS system, and hence my own copy of the Book sources,
and got a bit confused as to what related to what.

As things stand the relevant BLFS sources files, and the
package sources they expect to have unpacked are:

sgml-common.xml        sgml-common-0.6.3.tgz
                       sgml-common-0.6.3-manpage-1.patch

sgml-dtd.xml           docbook-4.5.zip

docbook.xml            docbook-xml-4.5.zip

docbook-xsl.xml        docbook-xsl-nons-1.79.2.tar.bz2
                       docbook-xsl-nons-1.79.2-stack_fix-1.patch
                       docbook-xsl-doc-1.79.2.tar.bz2

sgml-dtd-3.xml         docbk31.zip

docbook5.xml           docbook-5.0.zip

docbook51.xml          docbook-v5.1-os.zip

however, sgml-dtd.xml and sgml-dtd-3.xml are actually about
installting DocBook SGML DTDs, not generic SGML DTDs, as can
be read in the introductory paragraph for each package.

Given that multiple SGML and XSL DTDs cam exist on the
same system, I feel that is would be more consistent if
the BLFS source files were renamed as follows:

sgml-common.xml        sgml-common-0.6.3.tgz
                       sgml-common-0.6.3-manpage-1.patch

docbock-sgml-45.xml    docbook-4.5.zip

docbook-xml-45.xml     docbook-xml-4.5.zip

docbook-xsl.xml        docbook-xsl-nons-1.79.2.tar.bz2
                       docbook-xsl-nons-1.79.2-stack_fix-1.patch
                       docbook-xsl-doc-1.79.2.tar.bz2

docbook-sgml-31.xml    docbk31.zip

docbook-xml-50.xml     docbook-5.0.zip

docbook-xml-51.xml     docbook-v5.1-os.zip

but, in suggesting that, I'm unsure as to what that entails
for the Book gneration process as a whole, not least the

  <?dbhtml filename="docbook-xsl.html"?>

tags,

So, even though I can't present a fully formed "change
request", I hope that the underlying idea is seen as
a sensible thing to do.

Kevin