On Fri, 10 Apr 2020 at 04:15, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev
<blfs-dev@lists.linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> > We rarely change these files, but I agree that the naming is confusing.
> > I run into the problem at release time, but have never gotten to fixing
> > it.  I'll see if I can do that today.
> >
> > Thanks for bringing it up.
>
> OK, I've updated the problem docbook pages at revision 22981.  Please
> check it out.
>
> Primarily there was confusion between sgml, dtd, and xml.  I changed the
> titles of the dtd pages and made internal page changes to match.
>
>    -- Bruce

Looks like all that happened whileI was I asleep !

Personally, I'd still prefer the full version info, so

pst/xml/docbook50.xml

over

pst/xml/docbook5.xml

so as to match

pst/xml/docbook51.xml

although I see that in the SGML directory, you've also kept the dot
between the major and mnor versions, so

pst/sgml/docbook-4.5-dtd.xml

as opposed to

pst/xml/docbook-45-xml.xml

and I still think that

1) the version number should come last (less of an issue than (2) )
2) as they are all DTDs, you either put the type of DTD
    in the name for all, or you don't, and you put the fact
    that they're a DTD in the name for all, or you dont.

For me, assuming you want the dot between the major and mnor versions

pst/sgml/

docbook-sgml-3.1.xml
docbook-sgml-4.5.xml

pst/xml/