On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 11:33:30AM -0600, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
> On 1/5/21 9:34 AM, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 02:33:35PM +0100, Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev
> > wrote:

> > >  From reading the patch that introduced gtkdocize in autoconf [1],
> > > it appears that gtkdocize is not called if the -i (--install) flags is
> > > not passed. That flag is not needed for polkit. We might want to check
> > > whether it is really needed for the other packages that use autoreconf.
> > >
> > > Pierre
> > >

> > Interesting, but I'm not sure I can check that throughout - I've
> > checked plain "does autoreconf work to produce a configure script"
> > on several packages where I lack the dependencies to actually build
> > them.
>
> Just checking all packages, the following are present:
>
> networking/netprogs/cifsutils.xml: autoreconf -fiv
>
> networking/netlibs/libnsl.xml:     autoreconf -fi
>
> x/lib/clutter.xml:                 autoreconf -f -i
> x/lib/cairo.xml:                   autoreconf -fiv
> postlfs/filesystems/reiser.xml:    autoreconf -fiv
> postlfs/security/volume_key.xml:   autoreconf -fiv
>
> postlfs/security/polkit.xml:       autoreconf -fi
> postlfs/security/tripwire.xml:     autoreconf -fi
> multimedia/libdriv/libmad.xml:     autoreconf -fi
> general/graphlib/sassc.xml:        autoreconf -fi
> general/graphlib/libraw.xml:       autoreconf -fiv
> general/genlib/telepathy-glib.xml: autoreconf -fiv
> general/genlib/libunique.xml:      autoreconf -fi
> general/genlib/libgrss.xml:        autoreconf -fiv
> general/genlib/exempi.xml:         autoreconf -fiv
> general/genlib/libpaper.xml:       autoreconf -fi
>
> general/genutils/gtk-doc.xml:      autoreconf -fiv
> pst/sgml/sgml-common.xml:          autoreconf -f -i
> xsoft/other/tigervnc.xml:          autoreconf -fiv
>
> I didn't check the individual pages, but perhaps they all should use -fv.
> We would need to do a test build at least though make to ensure the
> instructions still work.
>
>   -- Bruce

That's what I meant (for "do the current instructions need
gtkdocize" I've already completed), and for some of those (few) that
do, I have the deps and can see if dropping -i solves things.

The list of those where gtkdocize is needed but I might not have the
deps for a full build is on another machine, will report back later.

ĸen
--
Lu-Tze had long considered that everything happens for a reason,
except possibly football.      -- The Thief Of Time