On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 07:50:14PM +0000, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 11:33:30AM -0600, Bruce Dubbs via blfs-dev wrote:
> > On 1/5/21 9:34 AM, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
> >
> > Just checking all packages, the following are present:

Replying with the state of play before Pierre had identified that
using -i is what can cause gtkdocize to be required (i.e. for
packages which mention gtk-doc if I understood correctly) :

> > networking/netprogs/cifsutils.xml: autoreconf -fiv
I guess my mail to Doug got treated as spam, as will this one.
There seems to be a perfectly usable configure script in all
versions of cifs-utils that have been in the book since this
autoreconf was added - I have not tried to run autoreconf on this.

> > networking/netlibs/libnsl.xml:     autoreconf -fi

Not yet tested.

> > x/lib/clutter.xml:                 autoreconf -f -i
This has been commented out.

> > x/lib/cairo.xml:                   autoreconf -fiv
gtkdocize is needed, I can test without -i.

> > postlfs/filesystems/reiser.xml:    autoreconf -fiv
gtkdocize not required.

> > postlfs/security/volume_key.xml:   autoreconf -fiv
gtkdocize not required.

> > postlfs/security/polkit.xml:       autoreconf -fi
gtkdocize is needed for this, but up-thread Pierre said we don't
need -i.

> > postlfs/security/tripwire.xml:     autoreconf -fi
gtkdocize not required.

> > multimedia/libdriv/libmad.xml:     autoreconf -fi
I seem to have missed this one.  Ah, no, it's another one that has
been commented out.

> > general/graphlib/sassc.xml:        autoreconf -fi
gtkdocize not needed.  For testing with DESTDIR pass --with-libsass=
to point to where the lib was installed.

> > general/graphlib/libraw.xml:       autoreconf -fiv
gtkdocize not required.

> > general/genlib/telepathy-glib.xml: autoreconf -fiv
Needs gtkdocize, I think I have the deps to test without -i.

> > general/genlib/libunique.xml:      autoreconf -fi
Needs gtkdocize, I think I have the deps to test without -i.

> > general/genlib/libgrss.xml:        autoreconf -fiv
Needs gtkdocize, I think I have the deps to test without -i.

> > general/genlib/exempi.xml:         autoreconf -fiv
gtkdocize is not required.

> > general/genlib/libpaper.xml:       autoreconf -fi
gtkdocize is not required.

> > general/genutils/gtk-doc.xml:      autoreconf -fiv
gtkdocize is not required.

> > pst/sgml/sgml-common.xml:          autoreconf -f -i
gtkdocize is not required.

> > xsoft/other/tigervnc.xml:          autoreconf -fiv
gtkdocize is not required.

> > I didn't check the individual pages, but perhaps they all should use -fv.
> > We would need to do a test build at least though make to ensure the
> > instructions still work.
> >
> >   -- Bruce
>
> That's what I meant (for "do the current instructions need
> gtkdocize" I've already completed), and for some of those (few) that
> do, I have the deps and can see if dropping -i solves things.

So, it looks like I still have one to test, one non-book package to
test, and a few to retest without -i.

ĸen
--
Lu-Tze had long considered that everything happens for a reason,
except possibly football.      -- The Thief Of Time