On Monday 23 May 2005 01:13, Craig Colton wrote:
> On Sunday 22 May 2005 05:36 am, John Gay wrote:
> > Thanks for the info on where the local items go. Do you know where the
> > system-wide items end up?
>
> KDEdir/share/applications/kde

Thanks!

> > I just added NoteEdit to my box, which is
> > something I can't live without for too long, and am seeing the same
> > symptoms. I guess it'll show up after a few more re-boots (-;
>
> For KDE, it seems like a login - logout would be the same as a reboot.

Tried that several times as well. FYI, I'm not re-booting the system to see if
it turns up, I power off my box each evening before bed and turn it on when I
get home from work. I would never re-boot a Linux box just to recognise a
setting change like some systems need (-;

> > > Another option is
> > > "Settings -> Menu Updating Tool".
> >
> > For me this only locates non-KDE items, like X Editor, X Bitmap, Lynx,
> > XCam etc...
>
> Heh...I guess you're right there.
>
> > On a side-note, we just got word that the people buying our house just
> > got their mortgage approved. Once we get the cash, I'll be buying a Dual
> > Opteron to build a bleeding edge system on.
>
> Does your wife know about this? :-)

Yes, we each get one expensive gift from the proceeds of the sale, and this is
mine (-8 Still debating whether to get the Tyan board or settle for the MSI
one.

Cheers,

        John Gay