Randy McMurchy wrote:
This is basic operational stuff. Sure there is an occasional question
about the setup of a particular sound card, but traffic on this list
on how to unmute the channels using the Alsa-Mixer and how to
configure XMMS is nil.

That doesn't mean that it isn't an issue. I remember when I first did LFS
getting sound to work was a big deal and it was the same issues that Randhir is
reporting. I didn't post to the list about it, I struggled in silence and used
Google. Just because people don't post to the list doesn't mean that they
aren't having issues. You shouldn't just dismiss someone for talking about
their experiences. BLFS may be very good but it will never be perfect, there
will always be room for improvement