On Friday 13 January 2006 17:05, Rainer Peter Feller wrote:

> I use hotplug

                         -> me too
> check if udevd is running (udevd --daemon)
                         -> it is
> check where udev_run_hotplugd and udev_run_devd are
                         -> in place
> make sure you have the udev-config-5.rules installed
                         -> installed
> then check if the place if the place of udev_run_hotplugd and
> udev_run_devd are right

                         -> according to rules
> make sure you compiled/installed udev with
> EXTRAS="extras/firmware extras/run_directory"
No,according with LFS instructions, I did "make EXTRAS=extras/run_directory"
is that not correcct ? ( udev-071 )

With all the help I got, I managed it to get a "dmesg" withouth errors, but I
now do not know if thinks are working or not:
1. dmesg delivers:
        ipw2200: Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 Network Connection
        ipw2200: Detected Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
     and nothing more related with this.
2. lsmod delivers:
        Module                     Size          Used by
        ipw2200                 176576          0
        ieee80211                 42664         1       ipw2200
        ieee80211_crypt      4804               1       ieee80211
3. /var/log/sys.log contains some messages like
        udev[11174]: main: action, subsystem or devpath missing
4. I dont see anything related with the firmware. Was the firmware loaded ?

And, last but not least, how should I start ? Am I expected to see, like in
Windows, a little "radar" looking for networks in the neighborhood ?
I could not find "howtos" for this part of the pleasure.

I hope I am short before a breakthrough, thank you all for your comments and
help.
Edgar