Leo Peschier wrote:
Hello all,

After upgrading Firefox from BLFS 6.1 (version 1.0.6) to version 1.5.0.2, following the svn-book, it crashes in file-open and file-save dialogs when:
- moving the scrollbar, or
- using the mouse wheel, or
- moving below the visual part with the down-arrow,
with:   /usr/lib/firefox-1.5.0.2/run-mozills.sh: line 131:
segmentation fault  "$Prog" ${1+"$@"}

Otherwise it is stable.

Haven't seen this before. No problems with other GTK-based applications (pan, bluefish). Updating GTK+ from 2.6 to 2.8.17 didn't help.
I did some googling, but could not find anything usefull.

Any help appreciated.

Leo.

I assume that the issue did not occur with 1.0.x? It sounds like the very familiar font permissions problem, but not likely if it didn't happen with the previous version. Does the problem go away if you run firefox as root? If not, did you upgrade any other packages along with the firefox upgrade?

-- DJ Lucas