Dan Nicholson wrote:

On 6/3/06, rblythe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Anyway, could this have something to do with openSSL?  It is installed
per the BLFS instructions, but the version I installed was openSSL-0.97
(I think it was"i" in early April when I installed it) not 0.98a or b.

No, NSS itself is an alternative to OpenSSL.  It provides the SSL and
TLS encryption schemes as Netscape developed them back in the day.
So, if SSL and TLS tests are failing, then that's pretty much the
whole package.  Could you pick one or two errors and post them here?
We probably don't need to see the whole file since I'm guessing the
failures all stem from the same basic issue.

--
Dan

Thank you for your reply.  Here are some of the errors:

  CRL SSL Client Tests
  Test Case Result
  Wait for Server Failed
TLS Request don't require client auth (client does not provide auth) (cert TestUser40 - revoked) Failed
  Wait for Server Failed

  TLS Require client auth (bad password) (cert TestUser40 - revoked) Failed
  Wait for Server Failed

SSL3 Request don't require client auth (client does not provide auth) (cert TestUser40 - revoked) Failed
  Wait for Server Failed

 Wait for Server                        Failed
  SSL2 RC4 128 WITH MD5                  Failed
  SSL2 RC4 128 EXPORT40 WITH MD5         Failed
  SSL2 RC2 128 CBC WITH MD5              Failed

  SSL3 RSA WITH DES CBC SHA              Failed
  SSL3 RSA EXPORT WITH RC4 40 MD5        Failed
  SSL3 RSA EXPORT WITH RC2 CBC 40 MD5    Failed

This is just a small sampling taken from various places in the log file. The errors encompass TLS SSL2 and SSL3 and have the same types of failures in each category of the log file.

Also, when I use DOMSUF=example.org my system freezes up and I have to do ctrl-c to stop the process (I waited over an hour befor doing this on three separate occasions. I mention this because in my /etc/hosts file I have

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.1 blytheworks.example.org blytheworks

I thought example.org would be appropriate to use (please correct me if I am wrong)

when I use DOMSUF=blytheworks.example.org I end up with 346 not 770. when I use DOMSUF= (blank) I end up with 346. When I use any other value in DOMSUF I get 346 (the exceptions was DOMSUF=mydoman.com, That yielded only 220). Only DOMSUF=example.org freezes. When I use DOMSUF=example.org. (that is an extra . at the end) I get 346 not 770.

Thanks again.

rblythe