On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 19:20 -0600, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Other than that, I can't even begin to guess what could be wrong.
> A brief look at your ENV vars look to be correct. Do you manually
> install all the GNOME packages, or is it scripted?
>
> --
> Randy

A little of both, but I have double-checked everything over, and the
only thing that got into /usr was the cairo, gtk and pango
stuff....everything having the word Gnome in it went into /opt/gnome.
Also, things work perfectly fine if I manually launch that
gnome-settings-daemon....so it has to be something really simple that
I'm just over looking.  I did forget to mention that this is
Gnome-2.16.2 not the older 2-14 the book is using.  Not sure that would
make a difference, just wanted to make sure it was known.

Thanks for the reply though, at least I know it should be working ;-)
-Lup