stosss wrote:

> Why is it that you and other developers are so touchy about the book
> and its condition and people pointing out things that could be done
> different, better or whatever? Why do you and the others insist on
> thinking there is nothing wrong with the book and so unwilling to
> improve it?

I think that's a little unfair.  Please remember that both the LFS and
BLFS projects are based on *volunteer* effort and therefore noone should
*expect* to have their particular pet-peeve fixed in any particular
amount of time (or at all in fact).  Whilst we do endeavour to address
all suggestions, lack of time or a particular urge to 'scratch an itch'
that a particular developer may not be feeling is more than reasonable
behaviour in such projects.

Why is the fact that we regenerate the book every day such a problem for
you?  If the date of the book hasn't been incremented then it's fairly
safe to say that no changes have been made.

I don't think it would take too much to change our nightly jobs to not
render a new copy of the book if no changes have been made, but again,
nobody apart from you seems to care at the moment.  Given the long list
of defects in BLFS' Trac system I'd wager that most of the devs would
rather spend time tackling them than preventing regeneration of a book
on a server that has plenty of capacity to do so.

Regards,

Matt.