stosss wrote:

> Why is it that you and other developers are so touchy about the book
> and its condition and people pointing out things that could be done
> different, better or whatever? Why do you and the others insist on
> thinking there is nothing wrong with the book and so unwilling to
> improve it?

Maybe because we have been doing this for 10 years and what most new
contributors suggest is technically incorrect.

Perhaps it is because many things are arbitrary decisions and that's
just the way we decided to do it.  Your opinion of 'improve' is not
necessarily ours.

That's not to say that we ignore suggestions.  In many cases, we have to
judge the work involved to make a change and the value of that change.
For your suggestion, the cost is too high for the value received.

   -- Bruce