On 15 February 2010 19:59, Mike McCarty <mike.mcca...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Since I'm on the verge of starting in to build BLFS, it would
> be helpful to know when the next release may be available. I
> realize that can be very difficult to estimate when you do something
> not full time.

 Most people who use blfs should use the development
version.  Sometimes, parts are so old that they either
don't build or are very buggy, but other parts are
perfectly good and up to date.  Contrast to releases
where *everything* is frozen at a point in the past.
If you run into difficulties on a package, look at open
tickets and check -patches in case the solution is
already known.

 And if anyone wonders why I'm not contributing to
blfs-6.5 ...

 my current system is a lot closer to 6.6, and x86_64
only (so, the box-ticking SBU and space figures won't
match), plus like somebody a few weeks ago I've got
problems _somewhere_ in xorg / mesa / xscreensaver
with an old radeon graphics card.  To say nothing of
sundry problems in gnome-2.28  which are either
down to me (failed to noticed 'help' was mostly
broken in my 2.26 install, can't be arsed to
investigate now I've notciced it in 2.28), or just the
way things are (epiphany on webkit is not fully
functional, e.g. for passwords).  Oh, and youtube
on firefox using gnash is again broken for me, but
that might again be down to something I'm doing or
not doing.

likely to work on a recent system than the 6.3
release.

ĸen
--
After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"