On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 6:47 AM, Simon Geard <delga...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 18:12 -0500, Dale Stein wrote:
>> Hi, I was building NetworkManager-0.8 and one of the config options
>> which apparently is required
>>
>> is the --with-distro=   It builds just fine with Debian as the distro.
>> What distro would lfs be closest to?
>> Thanks!
>
> I use Redhat, but it doesn't really matter much. The choice mostly
> determines which 'native' network configuration scripts NM can work
> with, and since the LFS ones aren't supported by any regular distro,
> it's irrelevant.
>
> No real loss, either - if you're deliberately installing NM, you
> probably don't care about the stuff in /etc/sysconfig/network-devices...
> Simon.
>
> --

 Hi.

Well, let me say that I'm trying to make network-manager work like
expected on my distro too, but after a first install and some
superficial tweaks I still can't get it working, actually I don't know
why Linux From Scratch doesn't use a network configuration like
Debian/Ubuntu or something more comprehensive and already widely used,
I'm thinking about trying to change this on my distro.

But, the network on LFS doesn't looks like Debian, so I recommend you
to take a look at the patch on this Wiki, and use it or make the
proper corrections:
http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/NetworkManager

Hope it helps.

[]'s
PS: If possible, keep in touch if you can make NM work as expected on
your distro. Thks.

---
Maginot Jr.