On Friday 09 April 2010 01:12:05 Dale Stein wrote:
> Hi, I was building NetworkManager-0.8 and one of the config options which
> apparently is required
> is the --with-distro=   It builds just fine with Debian as the distro.
> What distro would lfs be closest to?
> Thanks!

Hi Dale,

there is a patch for NetworkManager, which allows to say "--with-distro=LFS".
However, I never got NetworkManager to work. Then I decided to abandone it,
and to install "wicd" instead: http://wicd.sourceforge.net/

It is an excellent manager, I have been using it for some months now in many
countries. and I never had problems. I can higly recommend it. In mho, wicd
should become incorporate in KDE as the standard network manager.

Hope it helps
Edgar