On Fri, 2010-04-09 at 07:38 -0300, Maginot Junior wrote:
> Well, let me say that I'm trying to make network-manager work like
> expected on my distro too

Pointless, as far as I'm concerned. Integration with distro-specific
config files is only useful if you have some reason for wanting to keep
those files - e.g you have old graphical tools for maintaining them, or
because users might want to turn off NM.

If you're deliberately installing NM on LFS, well - why not just use
NM's native config file?

> But, the network on LFS doesn't looks like Debian, so I recommend you
> to take a look at the patch on this Wiki, and use it or make the
> proper corrections:
> http://cblfs.cross-lfs.org/index.php/NetworkManager

Looking at the patch, it has no benefit that I can see. It doesn't
actually use the LFS configuration for devices - it merely calls
the /etc/rc.d/init.d/localnet script to start the local network.

Now, NM would bring up the local device just fine without the patch, so
the only other effect is that localnet also set the hostname
from /etc/sysconfig/network. So, 120 lines of patch, to do the same
thing as this config file?

# /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf - Start
[main]
plugins=keyfile

[keyfile]
hostname=whatever
# /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf - End