On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:57:20 +0200
Rodolfo Perez <r-...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Well I'm not sure if this forum is the right one ...
>
> I've build lfs 2 times successfully and now I'm trying to use jhalfs. I
> did not succeed so far, but before i spend hours and hours I would like
> to ask the experts some few questions.
>
> 1. How do you generally install the new lfs's? Are you using jhalfs?

For what it's worth, I write my own custom scripts based on the
commands in the book but with my own special ingredients. I'm sure
jhalfs works as other people on the lists use it, but I don't know if
it works for BLFS. When I first did lfs I copied and pasted the
commands into a gnome-terminal. That worked well for LFS but for BLFS
it was a hard slog typing at the command prompt until I'd compiled
XFree86 and Firebird. It occurred to me that I could simply copy and
paste the commands into a shell script and then run that with one
command. However the problems with that are making sure it stops when
an error occurs and that it logs everything into a file so that I can
look back at what went wrong and Google for a solution. Working around
those and other problems (eg how to automatically generate a new fstab for
the new system?) became my way of learning to write scripts. It's a
useful skill.

Andy