Greetings,
Please excuse any  werid partsin the header  of this  email.  I am sending this
ostensible as  lux-in...@btconnect.com/.    Ahem  ..  really I am sending this
(so forced to do) from webmail (login.microsoftonline.com).  This is because my
usual mail carrier btconnect  (part of once publically-owned bt ) has
dissappeared in the nether regions of u-know-who  and migrated all my mail
which I cannot now retrieve from a Linux machine..    I am also forced to send
this to   this list as my account with clfs  is also gummed up at
btconnect/alisa microsoftonline.com

My problem :-
I tried to build the last incarnation of clfs.   The   host has a triple core
AMD64 cpu equipped with 8 gigs ram running cblfs  (kernel -3.1.1, gcc-4.4.2).
I built  everything last  sunday  and tried to compile the kernel. I obtained
the following  message after kernel  (linux-3.5.4) compilation started:-

###################
  TIMEC   kernel/timeconst.h
defined(@array) is deprecated at kernel/timeconst.pl line 373.
        (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)

kernel/sys.c: In function 'override_release':
kernel/sys.c:1284:28: error: expected expression before '>>' token
make[1]: *** [kernel/sys.o] Error 1
make: *** [kernel] Error 2

############

so I tried linux-3.4.11  and  the same thing resulted.  I then restarted  the
whole thing including toolchain   rebuilding  carefully upgrading everything
and sticking to the book.     A t the end last night I ran into the same error.
 I tried compiling the kernel on the  host without problems.  I am wondering if
this is a problem with gcc-4..6.3?..  Suggestions and help would be much
appreciated.

yours sincerely
lux-integ
ps I am hoping to get a linux-only mail setup in place  but lack of time has
had me hanging on at btconnect all this time.