On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 02:37:43AM +0200, Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:
> >On Mon, 7 Oct 2013 02:04:43 +0200
> >Aleksandar Kuktin <akuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Aha, OK! Your mixer has to have the PCM device as well. So, if it does
> > not appear on alsamixer, then you have to start some program that will
> > instantiate (or whatever) the PCM and *then* you can start gvolwheel,
> > and you do so without any arguments.
> >
> > But, I was hoping I could run it even without the system tray.
> > Unfortunately, no, you NEED a windowmanager that can do that. Good
> > thing I still have those blackbox sources lying around. Be back in a
> > second. Or two.
> >

> Right, so the blackbox doesn't compile (again) but IceWM did, and I
> managed to make gvolwheel run, try it out and see that it works.
>
> Since you asked for version of cairo, my is: cairo-1.11.2.
>
> Everything has been built before gvolwheel, and nothing (but IceWM) has
> been built after gvolwheel. Obviously.
>
> Now, if only my default window manager (dwm) supported the tray...

 Glad you were able to test it, although I'm slightly puzzled by
your version of cairo - it looks like an old development version.
But that doesn't matter because tonight I don't have any problem
with gvolwheel on this machine (the one where it didn't work last
week) - and nothing had changed between times.

 Weird.  I only powered up this machine to test pnmixer, but decided
to retry gvolwheel just in case.

 FWIW gvolwheel also works in fluxbox (on the days when it works :)

ĸen