On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 05:34:16AM +0200, Igor Živković wrote:
> On 10/04/2013 04:12 AM, Aleksandar Kuktin wrote:
> >> On Fri, 4 Oct 2013 02:38:58 +0100
> >> Ken Moffat <zarniwh...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >>
> >>   Is anyone apart from me using gvolwheel ?
> >>
> >> [snip]
> >>
> >>   In the meantime, comments from anyone else who has built gvolwheel
> >> on recent cairo (particularly answering "does it work ?", with the
> >> cairo version) would be welcome.  I suppose most people are using
> >> that [ expletive deleted ] package called pulse ?
> >>
> >> ĸen
> >
> > Well, I use raw alsa but now you got me interested in gvolwheel. Is it
> > a GNOME specific application, or can it be run without any desktop
> > environments?
>
> It is GTK+3 specific which almost as bad as GNOME. :-)

 LOL, but yes, gtk+-3 is heading that way.  Gvolwheel needs a
windowmanager which provides a tray.  Works in icewm.  I don't use
DEs.  It _only_ works with the default alsa output (/dev/mixer) -
one of my boxes with an intel HDMI chip defaults to using HDMI which
is useless for me : alsa can be overridden, but my attempts to force
gvolwheel to work there only succeeded once - maybe I'll need to look
for another lightweight volume control.

 The 0.7 version was gtk+-2, but I had to build gtk+-3 for audacious
so I went with 1.0.

ĸen