On 12/11/2013 12:20 PM, Armin K. wrote:
> On 12/11/2013 06:45 PM, Dan McGhee wrote:
>> This is a polkit action file to be put in /usr/share/polkit-1/actions
>> directory.  As written, it would go in that directory with the name
>>
>> "org.archlinux.pkexec.gparted"
>>
>> What I haven't been able to find is the answer to the following
>> question.  Does it matter that part of the name would be "org.archlinux"
>> or is this just a name and doesn't refer to anything else on my system.
>> There are only two "org's" in the actions I have now: freedesktop and
>> xorg.  Both of those have things installed on my system.  If it's just a
>> name, then I don't have to consider anything else.
>>
> This matters little. You could use any valid domain name or no at all.
> See https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=999328#p999328, for
> nearly the same rule they used org.freedesktop...
Thanks for that link. I noticed a few, subtle differences in the two
files and decided to use this one, if, for no other reason than
consistency.
>> In addition to GParted, I would like to employ this method for the
>> Catalyst Control Center for my ATI-Radeon chip.
>>
> You have to edit both .desktop files and add "pkexec /path/to/program"
> to the Exec= line. Do note that using pkexec requires an authentication
> agent to be running, such as polkit-gnome or lxpolkit.
>
> The file you mentioned is necessarry because pkexec won't allow running
> gui programs by default.
Right now gparted.desktop has

"Exec= /usr/sbin/gparted %f"

To add pkexec to this file, would it read "pkexec /usr/bin" or similar
to the entry now "/usr/bin/pkexec %f"? Also would I place it before the
gparted line and separate it by space or ";". Or would it be better to
have another "Exec" line before or after the gparted line?

Thanks for your help, Armin.

Dan