On 10/30/2014 10:41 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:
On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 08:51:45PM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:

  I'll change ONBOOT to no for both of those and let root test it a
bit more when I reboot to try my latest kernel (I still seem to have
too many modules, but I'm gradually slimming the kernel config).

  Those who are quicker than me will have already thought 'use sudo'
and I realised I can also use that to let my user umount
user-mounted nfs mounts [ that has not worked for a while, but I
only noticed when I installed on my netbook ].

  I think I'll wait a bit, and try to let that knowledge sink in,
before I ask about getting NetworkManager to work ;-)

There is an interesting old package from Arch that could be adapted for LFS but would probably require a lot of shell script hacking:

https://github.com/GNU-Pony/netcfg/

Also you could check out ConnMan as an alternative to that piece of crap you're contemplating to use. :-)

--
Igor Živković
http://www.slashtime.net/