On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 12:01:46AM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:

> The only other thing that comes to mind is the kernel config on the
> server.  Mine has
>
> CONFIG_NETWORK_FILESYSTEMS=y
> CONFIG_NFS_FS=y
> CONFIG_NFS_V2=y
> CONFIG_NFS_V3=y
> # CONFIG_NFS_V3_ACL is not set
> # CONFIG_NFS_V4 is not set
> # CONFIG_NFS_SWAP is not set
> CONFIG_NFSD=y
> CONFIG_NFSD_V3=y
> # CONFIG_NFSD_V3_ACL is not set
> # CONFIG_NFSD_V4 is not set
> CONFIG_GRACE_PERIOD=y
> CONFIG_LOCKD=y
> CONFIG_LOCKD_V4=y
> CONFIG_NFS_COMMON=y
> CONFIG_SUNRPC=y

And perhaps on the client too, i.e. turn off NFS_V4 (I also turn off
V2 on the clients, ISTR that is a client-only option).  I keep
forgetting that we recommend people to start with 'make defconfig',
which almost certainly turns all the nfs options on, probably because
it has rarely born any useful relationship to my hardware.

ĸen