On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 02:52:35PM -0800, Paul Rogers wrote:
> I'm prepping to upgrade to 7.10.  (Hey, that's uncommonly recent for
> me!)  I get the files from OSUOSL because it's "close" and fast.  I'm
> reconciling the packages with the 413 I already have in my 7.7, and got
> tripped up because the MD5SUMS file has firefox-2.0.0.15, though the
> tarball is version 48.0.2.  It raises a question of the integrity of the
> whole file.  Can someone fix it, and point me to a good one in the
> meantime?  TIA

Hi Paul, since you mentioned firefox I'll just mention (to everybody
else, I suspect you don't care ;) that 48.0.2 almost certainly has
vulnerabilities. At the moment ff45 apparently has ESR releases -
until ff-52 is out.  But that still means rebuilding on every point
releasse.

But I'm glad you are updating. I was going to suggest that you read
the errata, but in fact those for sysv probably don't specifically
mention anything you build - in practice, the versions in svn for
the xorg packages (not libXfont-2), openssl, openssh, gnutls,
gdk-pixbuf [ that is probably a newer minor version ], ImageMagick
(-6, in your case) and probably some others are vulnerability fixes.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods