On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:45:12AM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:20:32AM +0000, Ken Moffat wrote:
> >
> > But I'm glad you are updating. I was going to suggest that you read
> > the errata, but in fact those for sysv probably don't specifically
> > mention anything you build - in practice, the versions in svn for
> > the xorg packages (not libXfont-2),
>
> What I meant to do was mention the parts before xorg-server : if you
> use the 1.19+ server then libXfont-2 is of course required.  I'm not
> _aware_ of any vulnerabilities in the latest 1.18.whichever server.
>
> Oh, and -svn/8.0-rc (but -svn has the fixes we've found in the last
> few days) is of course better because the old bitmap core fonts are
> no longer automatically assumed to be present.

And now, to really try Paul's patience - did I mention curl ? or
ca-certs ?  Or newer kernel releases, of course (but those might be
a double-edged sword - me, I've neen building my own kernels since
approx 2.2.13 so I usually update to later -rc kernels, and
sometimes they bite me).

The point is that we're continually trying to get better. I
recognize that for Paul moving to 7.10 is a big jump forward, but
old versions are not maintained.  If anybody is starting now and
intending to keep using LFS, my advice is to use svn and to watch
for what changes until 8.0 is released.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods