Hi Missy,

How did you confirm that RAM size when you checked it?

Was it during boot up and you saw the RAM counter count out the memory on
your system, or did you go through a program on your computer?

If you go to the My Computer icon on your desktop, then press alt+enter to
get to the properties, the system properties will pop up.

You'll have to use your virtual cursor or mouse simulation keys, and since I
don't know which screen reader you're using, or magnifier, I can't advise
you on what keystroke will give you these functions.

Suffice it to say, if you arrow down the information, it will give you your
processor speed and memory amount in that dialog box.

Let us know what it says there, and we'll see if there really is anything
wrong with your memory.

Secondly, some video cards use, not only onboard memory on the video card
for it's use, if it finds it needs more, it will share the memory with the
RAM on your computer, so it could be that you're video card is
misappropriating some of that memory for itself.

Another possibility is the fact that he may have shorted out one of the
sockets, or fried one of your memory chips, in which case, the only way to
diagnose this is to swap it out for another memory chip and see if it gets
recognized.

Either way, we'll have to get more information.

Victor
Co-moderator
Blind Movie Buffs List
Guidedogs List