Most of the time, you will not want to run more than one antivirus at the same time. The same goes for firewalls. When it comes to firewalls, if you have more than one, they can screw with each other's ability to watch over the connection, witch makes things tough. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kate" <shamaniclivin1...@hotmail.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 7:25 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] FIREWALLS

Is it problematic to have two firewalls? I am running XP professional and I have the box in the system menues checked so that the built in firewall is active. The other thing I want to know is what level a firewall should be set at for maximum protection without being overly intrusive and annoying when it shouldn't be.

I assume the built in firewall is set at factory defaults at the moment since I've never changed anything about it. Would I do just fine keeping the default firewall and changing settings, or have people had better luck with other firewall programs instead?