I have the Romeo Attache, from Enabling Technologies. I bought it about two years ago. At the time, it was the least expensive embosser I could find. Now it costs $1995, plus $70 s&h. I don't know if it is still the cheapest on the market, but it has been a very reliable, reasonably fast USB capable embosser. The brailler will work with Vista. The Duxbury translation software will, too, as long as you have the latest version.
Hope this helps.
Deanne
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark" <torgersonena...@gmail.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2009 9:10 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Low Cost Braille Embossers

Hi
For many years I have been interested in buying a braille embosser. However the price has prevented me from getting one. Is there a Low Cost Braille Embosser on the market some where? Is it vista compatible? Last I read the entry level embossers cost more than $3000. That is out side my price range. Any suggestions are appreciated.

God bless,
Mark
--
Currently in Pendleton, Eastern Oregon Regional At Pendleton, Oregon Clear, 77.0°F Wind:N-360° at 9mph Television is more interesting than people. If it were not, we would have people standing our living rooms.
     Created by Weather Signature v1.20 • http://www.weathersig.com