Hi Randy,

Below are 2 different ways of repairing Outlook express.  Read through them
both to see which way will be best suited for you.
Reinstalling OE Windows XP

here is a means of repairing/re-installing OE in Windows XP.

Repairing Outlook Express

NOTE: You must be logged on as Administrator or as a member of the
Administrators group in order to perform this procedure.

To re-install OE:

1. Hold down the Windows key and type R for run.

2. Type the following line exactly and click "OK".

%systemroot%\inf

3. Locate the file MSOE50.inf .

4. Press applications-key and then enter on Install . This will reinstall
the files that Outlook Express needs to proceed normally.

5. Insert the Win MX CD into your CD ROM when asked.
Or, here is another way.

ok; I hope these instructions are a little more clear, and user friendly.

1, type; windows-key+r=run.

2, In the run dialog box type the following;

%systemroot% \inf

press enter.

3, now, a list of files will appear on your screen; you need to type
quickly;

M S O

you should see/hear;

msoe50.inf

now, you can verify that this file is highlighted by routing jaws to
pc=insert+minus, on the numpad.

4, now that the file; msoe50.inf is highlighted, you need to press, the,
applications key, down-arrow, until you hear, install. Note; when you press
the
applications key, you will be on, open-button, down arrow once, you should
hear,

Install-i

hear you press the enter key.

now, you will need to follow the prompts.

note;

after pressing enter on the install, please, wait until you receive some
notification from jaws.

you do not want to interrupt the process.

I hope this helps.  Take care.