If you're using Windows Vista and Windows mail, I'm pretty sure the command is control plus shift plus C when you're focused on your inbox. This should place you in your contacts list. When you locate the contact you want to email, go to the file menu, then new, then message, and press enter. This may not be the most efficient way to do this, but it's the only way I know of right now. Hope it helps.
Deanne
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Gallik" <billgal...@centurytel.net>
To: "Blind Computing" <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 9:20 AM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Accessing Local Contacts Via Windows Live Mail

OK Gang,

Who out there knows how to efficiently/conveniently access the local Contacts (the ones in the Contacts folder of your PC) for selecting as addressees when composing e-mail messages and using JAWS?
----
Holland's Person, Bill
E-Mail: billgal...@centurytel.net
- "All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
- US Editor and Satirist, H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)