To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 11:54 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] VLC MEDIA PLAYER

In a recent article, I read  a glowing report about the VLC  Media player
and it sounded so good that I downloaded and installed the program. It's an
open code program which will run on any operating system.
But i can't make it function.
Below, you will find my questions and if anyone can help, I'd certainly
appreciate it. I don't mind paying for a working DVD player if it gives me
the track information.  That's what VLC was supposed to do.  It doesn't at
least for me.
I'm running an HP Pavillian 6510 with 4 gigs of RAM and a 750 gig hard
drive.
I'm running Windows 7 Professional and Jaws 11, the latest build.

1. If you load VLC, do you have to make some special adjustments to get it
to read and allow the user to interact with tracking information?

2.  If yes, where do I find those settings and please provide detailed
instructions.

3. I was told that it doesn't read the actual text but just says "Track 1,
Track 2"  and so on.  I can't even get it to do that.  I don't understand
it.

JOHN AND LINDA JUSTICE
WITH GUIDE DOGS JAKE AND ZACHARY
PERSONAL E-MAIL:  john_just...@verizon.net