You say you only had it a few months. Did you call their tech support or
customer service and discuss any Warrantee issues?

Andre

From: Eleni Vamvakari
Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:57 AM
To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] netbooks

I'd be careful with netbooks.  They look great but many are cheaply
made with poor quality parts that stop working after awhile.  I got an
Acer Aspire One, the blue kind that's 8.9 inches across, and while I
loved the size, the thing stopped working after only a few months.  If
you want a portable computer with good quality, go for an IBM
Thinkpad.  I have a Thinkpad X32 that I got from EBay for only $284.
It has a 2ghz processor, 512mb of ram (but this can go up to 2gb), a
40gb hard disk (I believe that this can also be upgraded), a built-in
microphone, a usb port, a parallel port, a pcmcia slot and a dedicated
slot for compact flash cards.  It runs XP Pro and is about 12 inches
and very light.  Like a netbook, it doesn't have a cd rom or camera,
but it does have a docking station that you could buy which gives you
the cd rom plus a serial connection, I believe some more usb
connections and a decent set of speakers.  However, I find the station
to be a bit quirky and wouldn't recommend it.  There are plenty of
slim and light usb-powered cd drives out there as well as small cheap
cameras and multi-card readers are very easy to find.  I use one with
my desktop for reading my compact flash cards.  Hope this helps.

Good luck,
Eleni
PS. If you're still determined to get a netbook, do some research.
Read the reviews and see what people are saying about the quality of
the machine etc.  You just might find something good.