Rick,

I saw some of those 3rd party ones that allow hot keys, but I didn't want to download any old thing not knowing what other nasties might be with it :). Perhaps a bit paranoid on that but erring caution I guess. I'm looking at a mechanical keyboard, one with much more responsiveness and longer lasting, and unfortunately more expensive. I do like the angled type though, I've got a wireless one like that I'd used.

Brad

On 12/3/2011  11:56 PM Rick Justice said...
Hi Brad,
Your best bet would probably be looking for a third-party volume utility,
or  considering a different keyboard.
If you are using a wired keyboard, Microsoft has a nice one that has volume
control keys just above the function keys.
It is a, "Comfort Curve" keyboard, and sells for about $20.
HTH,
Rick Justice
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad Dunsé" <li...@braddunsemusic.com>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2011 12:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Volume

Thanks yep I see that too. What I'm looking for
is something to quickly mute or turn down volume
when the phone rings or the like without having
to  dig deep in a key sequence :). Thanks for the
input though, that is first base if nothing else.

Brad

On 12/3/2011  11:12 PM Maria Campbell said...
>On my Windows 7 machine I have a speakers icon
>on the system tray which, when opened has access
>to all volumes for all applications.
>

>Sunny Day
>Maria Campbell
>lucky1i...@sbcglobal.net
>
>When the power of love is stronger than the love of power,
>then the world will know peace.
>
>When at the edge of the unknown, faith provides the wings to fly.
>

>On 12/3/2011 11:15 PM, Brad Dunsé wrote:
>>I'm considering purchasing a mechanical
>>keyboard as oppose to the standard bubble
>>membrane type; however, the one I'm considering
>>, a DAS brand, comes only in the 104 Enhanced
>>key style with no multi-media keys for volume
>>control. I'm running Windows 7 and wonder if
>>there is a quick way to set volume for Winamp
>>or other separately than Jaws without having to
>>enter the Sound applet in Control panel,
>>finding the appropriate sound device and going into properties and setting
>>it?
>>
>>Brad
>>

>>Brad Dunsé
>>
>>"Opportunity often comes disguised in the form
>>of misfortune, or temporary defeat." --Unknown
>>
>>http://www.braddunsemusic.com
>>
>>http://www.facebook.com/braddunse
>>
>>http://www.twitter.com/braddunse
>>

>>For answers to frequently asked questions about this list visit:
>>http://www.jaws-users.com/help/
>
>For answers to frequently asked questions about this list visit:
>http://www.jaws-users.com/help/

Brad Dunsé

"Inspiration is sweating over the pen...
  then smiling at  what was written." --Capt'n Frank

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

Brad Dunsé

"It is essential to our well-being, and to our lives, that we play and enjoy life. Every single day, do something that makes your heart sing." --Marcia Wieder