  From: Madison Espinoza
  To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
  Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 2:56 PM
  Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Flash & FireFox

  I'm sorry Mike. I guess you're right in this instance. Its just that I
find
  it a bit selfish that very often listers offer to help their friends then
  come post questions on these lists essentially turning everyone into their
  tech support department when he list never offered to help that unknown
  family member. Its one thing when a lister nees help, but its an entirely
  different thing when list members volunteer this list to fix their
friend's
  computers. Also, even though your friend is not very knowledgeable about
  computers or Google searches, you are, so if you offer to help it isn't
fair
  we all get dragged into this. I do agree with you on your point that if
all
  knew how to use Google we would not need these less. These lists seem to
be
  essential in the blind community because for the vast number of questions,
  they can indeed be answered very quickly with a Google search. It appears
  that blind folk like the notion of being a part of a group, so they spend
  los of time on these lists. I signed up thinking I was an average computer
  user and hoping to learn some new stuff, but it appears I'm answering more
  questions than increasing my computer related knowledge. Just my thoughts.

  -M
  W7HP32bit