Ran through installation of windows8 preview yesterday on my one spare machine,
installing it over an old installation of windows XP, but issue is now that
while it seems to have pretty much completed installation, and is apparently
now asking for things like settings, etc., I don't seem to be able to get it to
make sounds, start narrator, invoke run dialogue box etc., so not sure if it's
still busy with part of install process, whether there's something else wrong,
like hardware incompatibility, since this is like a 4 year old acer laptop,
etc., etc.?

Thoughts on what to try to actually try messing around with the operating
system for real..?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker