  From: Jacob Kruger
  To: blind-computing@jaws-users.com
  Sent: Monday, June 18, 2012 4:30 AM
  Subject: [Blind-Computing] Windows8 preview installation

  Ran through installation of windows8 preview yesterday on my one spare
machine, installing it over an old installation of windows XP, but issue is
now that while it seems to have pretty much completed installation, and is
apparently now asking for things like settings, etc., I don't seem to be
able to get it to make sounds, start narrator, invoke run dialogue box etc.,
so not sure if it's still busy with part of install process, whether there's
something else wrong, like hardware incompatibility, since this is like a 4
year old acer laptop, etc., etc.?

  Thoughts on what to try to actually try messing around with the operating
system for real..?

  Stay well

  Jacob Kruger
  Blind Biker