Hello friends, I urgently need your help please.

as you all may be aware I posted previusly a problem concerning IE or any
browser won't let me change my homepage from AVG security search. I was told
that it probably  had to do with some kind of settings in parental control and
I went in there to see if I could figure out what to do. Whilst in there, I was
prompted by Windows to set a password, less programs or persons could have
acces and pose some kind of a security risk which I did and confirmed it in the
box that followed. I created a really simple password which I am sure to
remember and when I rebooted the machine I am locked out of Windows. I hear the
startup sound but gets the prompt to enter my password and it never worked. So
one problem lead me int another.

Do you have any idea as to how I can reset this or would I have to do the
dreaded reformat?