I am going to have to respectfully disagree; for an audio game, for
people with no visual acuity, visual elements are both a waste of time
and resources.

If I were, for example, to try and develop a role-playing game along
the same lines as Baldur's Gate, production time would be increased by
at least a factor of two. A visual interface is very different than an
audio one-especially for role-playing games.

This might sound a little petty (and if it does, I could not care
less), but the mainstream gaming industry has made it very clear that
accessibility and inclusiveness for blind players is not anything like
a priority. Why should we, as blind gamers/game developers, make any
sort of effort to include that group of gamers? Put differently, if a
sighted person wants to play an audio game, there is nothing stopping
them from doing so, but it is not our problem if they complain over
the lack of a visual interface/feedback.

This is my chief complaint with A Hero's Call: Out of Sight Games is
attempting to prostitute itself to a community that does not give a
damn about an indi developer trying to make a game for both blind and
sighted people. Unless Out of Sight Games has a hidden art department
as a part of their team, no sighted person (other than the curious)
will purchase their game. Why would they? They have Skyrim, Diablo
III, Path of Exile, Fallout 4, and so on.

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#118113): https://groups.io/g/blind-gamers/message/118113
View All Messages In Topic (12): https://groups.io/g/blind-gamers/topic/7625742
New Topic: https://groups.io/g/blind-gamers/post