Not the easiest stuff to do.  The read runes when discovered don't show
their positions in the solution when discovered.  Everything comes up as
solved once it's solved.  I've had some successes on level 2 lore
fragments which for me is surprising since with level 1 and level 2 you
only have 14 guesses.  I don't know what's happening to those successes
since I haven't managed to get four lore chapters yet and been able to
search congressman jack's basement yet.  One thing that was really odd
that happened to me was I had a level 2 lore fragment I had failed on
earlier.  That was the only level 2 fragment I had for a while.  Then I
solved a few level one fragments and ended up with more level two
fragments to solve.  I have no idea how that happened.  If these things
show up by color, I don't know how to get the iPhone to tell me the color
of a control or object on the screen.